Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Heads Up program:www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp
Nationwide Children’s Hospital (Columbus OH) Concussion Materials:http://www.nationwidechildrens.org/concussions
SafeKids: Changing the Culture:http://www.safekids.org/sports-safety-101/changing-the-culture-in-sports
Kansas Sports Concussion Partnership:www.kansasconcussion.org
- Kansas Attorney General's Opinion on definition of "health care providers" AGOpinion2012-029.pdf
- Study Links Concussion to Higher Risk of Later Suicide http://www.childrenssafetynetwork.org/news/study-links-concussion-higher-risk-later-suicide-healthfindergov
- Exploring the Culture of Youth Sports poster Healthy-youth-sports-info.pdf
- Performance of GFAP in detecting traumatic IC lesions on CT in child & Youth with MTBIPapa (2015) Performance of GFAP in detecting traumatic IC lesions on CT in child & Youth with MTBI.pdf
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine position statement: Concussion in Sport amssm concussion guidelines.pdf
- ANA Position Statement on Sports Concussion, October 2010. Approved by the AAN Sports Neurology Section, Practice Committee, and Board of Directors, October 2010 (AAN Policy 2010-36).
- Br J Sports Med 2011 45: 132-135 originally published online November 16, Sridhar Alla, S John Sullivan, Paul McCrory, et al. Concussion position and consensus statements on sports citation analysis of summary and agreement.
- VA/DoD CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINE FOR MANAGEMENT OF CONCUSSION/MILD TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY (mTBI), Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense, version 1.0 2009, Prepared by: The Management of Concussion/mTBI Working Group
- Postural Stability Assessment Following Concussion: One Piece of the Puzzle, Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, 11:182-189 (c) 2001 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Inc., Philadelphia
- NCAA memo, SUBJECT: Concussion Management Plan, April 29, 2010.
- Consensus Statement on Concussion in Sport, 3rd International Conference on Concussion in Sport, Held in Zurich, November 2008. Paul McCrory, MBBS, PhD, Willem Meeuwisse, MD, PhD, Karen Johnston, MD, PhD, Jiri Dvorak, MD, Mark Aubry, MD, Mick Molloy, MB, and Robert Cantu, MA, MD, (Clin J Sport Med 2009;19:185-200)
- William P. Meehan, III and Richard G. Bachur, Sport-Related Concussion, Pediatrics 2009;123;114-123
- Brain Injury Alliance of Colorado: www.biacolorado.org/resources/sports_concussion
- Nurses in Unique Position to Improve Concussion Awareness:Nurses and Concussion Awareness.pdf
"Concussions: Who Should Make the Call" – A presentation on concussion by Dr Bart A. Grelinger to the Kansas Legislature.
"Concussion: Shattering the Myth" – A presentation on concussion by Dr Bart A. Grelinger to the 31st Annual Family Medicine Symposium in Wichita, Kansas.
- Doctors on Call, Dr. Divilbiss and Dr. Koontz, discuss concussions in KaMMCo educational video Link to Video.
- KWCH TV News interview with Dr. Grelinger Link to Video.
KSCP in the News
- Time Out on Concussions, magazine article from the KUSM-W KUSM-W magazine article Fall 2012.pdf
- Oregon Concussion Awareness and Management Program: www.ohsusportsmedicine.com/p/concussion-management.html
- Via Christi Life article about KSCP:VCLife article about KSCP.pdf
- KU Medical Center, Kansas Connections article: KSCP encourages concussion education awareness, and action KUMC KS Connections fall2012.pdf